on October 17, 2016
Serving American military members and their families since 1922, USAA has grown into a competitive provider of financial services and insurance products. After researching a variety of insurance companies, we rated USAA as one of the best options you can find, for more than just their incredibly affordable rates. Use this outline to see what we discovered when comparing USAA auto insurance to other companies.
USAA Auto Insurance Quotes
USAA car insurance is such an affordable option that it’s a shame that non-military customers aren’t eligible for it. Our research found that—across the board—USAA is often the least expensive option for various demographics. Read about USAA car insurance quotes and the cost of getting insured.
Ways to Save on Car Insurance with USAA
On top of having affordable rates for car insurance, USAA offers plenty of discounts to its customers. From savings for safe drivers and good students to discounts for new vehicles and low mileage, USAA customers can lower their costs in several different ways. Find out all the details of USAA car insurance discounts and ways to save.
Customer Reviews of USAA Auto Insurance
Drivers with USAA car insurance are happy customers. Our research found that, on average, customers are pleased with the cost, customer service, and claims process for USAA car insurance. That’s why we rated USAA car insurance five out of five stars—our highest rating. Find out why USAA car insurance deserves its glowing customer reviews.Learn More
Car Insurance Coverage Available from USAA
Founded in 1922, USAA built its company on the pillars of service, loyalty, honesty, and integrity. Today, it provides retirement, banking, investment, and insurance services for the men and women who serve in the United States military. Read on for more information about what coverage you can expect from USAA and where you can get it, or click your state below to learn more about the cheapest companies near you.
Where You Can Get USAA Car Insurance: Market share represents the percentage of customers that a company attracts compared to its competitors. In USAA’s case, it has the highest market share—or popularity—in the following states:
Market share data is not available for all states, including Massachusetts.
States Where USAA Sells the Most Policies: Because market share and the total number of policies sold are not the same, it’s also relevant to know where USAA sells the most policies.
|Premiums Written in 2014|
What Types of Insurance You Can Get from USAA: USAA offers the expected suite of car insurance products, including liability, comprehensive and collision, medical payments, and more. Like with all insurance companies, the company offerings will start with your state’s minimum coverage requirements[state insurance link]. For most of these coverage types, USAA offers affordable insurance for drivers and their families.
USAA also offers life, flood, and home insurance for members who own houses, condos, and townhomes.
Want to learn more about what these coverage types mean and if they are right for you? Check out these frequently asked questions:
Our Favorite USAA Car Insurance Features
During our analysis, we uncovered a number of qualities we admired about USAA and its auto insurance coverage. Here is what stood out:
- Roadside assistance. Many policies include towing, gas delivery, tire replacement, and more.
- Flexible payment options. USAA policies work with your military payroll schedule.
- The USAA Car Buying Service. Allows you to buy a vehicle at discounted rates through approved manufacturers. Since its inception, more than 900,000 cars have been sold to USAA members. In addition to the discounts offered, you can earn rewards points when you use your USAA Rewards™ credit card.
- Tech-friendly service. USAA’s mobile app helps you manage your policy from anywhere.
- Education resource center. Here you’ll find plenty of articles that could help you drive safely, keep up with car repairs, and learn more about insurance coverage.
- Affordable teen driver options. With plans for cheap roadside assistance (as little as $2 a month), you can keep your teen safer on the road.
- Special teen driver program. USAA’s Automatic LicenseTM app coaches your teen when they start learning to drive. Free to eligible members, it gathers driving data on your teen throughout a 100-hour program.
The Final Word: USAA Is a Smart Choice for Auto Insurance
USAA auto insurance is an excellent choice for those who can get it (military members and their families). From affordable rates to plentiful discounts and glowing customer reviews, we could hardly recommend USAA more. If you’d like to start shopping for rates and get a USAA car insurance quote, call us at 855-462-2213 or get a quote online in minutes. We work with independent agents who can help you get the right insurance for your needs.