on January 30, 2016
Traditionally known for its high quality motorcycle insurance, Dairyland has become a sought-after, regional, car insurance company. Because of its competitive prices for specific audiences, we wanted to provide you with an insider view so you can determine if Dairyland car insurance is a good fit for you.Get a Quote
What Do You Want to Know More About?
- The Pros And Cons of Dairyland Auto Insurance
- If Dairyland Offers Coverage Near You
- How Much Dairyland Auto Insurance Costs
- Dairyland Discounts
- Industry Rankings
- Our Recommendation For You
The Good Stuff
- Pay-As-You-Go Plans. Customize your payment options with flexible payment plans to help make your bills more affordable. Pay-as-you-go or pay-in-full—whichever is best for you and your budget.
- DUI Support. We hope you never need to know this, but if you do, Dairyland offers extensive online resources in addition to its coverage for drivers with DUIs on their record.
- Non-Owner Car Insurance Availability. If you’re ever deemed to be at-fault in an accident while driving a vehicle that isn’t yours, you’ll be protected financially through your policy.
- Specific Plans For Auto and Motorcycle Coverage. Dairyland only offers coverage for auto and motorcycles. That means this insurance company is honed into the needs of these audiences.
- Online Restrictions. While most companies offer a way for customers to manage their policies online, this is not the case with Dairyland. It does offer 24/7 support by phone, but you won’t be allowed to start a claims process online or in-person. If communication by phone is your preferred interaction style, then this may not be a drawback.
- Coverage Availability. Dairyland auto coverage is only available in 38 states, so not all drivers have the option to choose it.
Where You Can Get Dairyland Coverage
You can consider coverage from Dairyland if you are a driver in any state except, Alaska, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, or Washington D.C. See how its policy rates compare where you live:
Most Popular States
To determine popularity, we looked at the percentage of drivers Dairyland insures in each state as well as how much it wrote in direct premiums. We found it only ranked in the top 10 for two states. Here is where Dairyland stands:
- New Mexico: With 3.43% of drivers choosing auto insurance from Dairyland, it ranks 9th
- Wyoming: In 2014, Dairyland wrote $8,796 in direct premiums, making it the 10th most popular with 2.49% of the market share
*Dairyland Insurance is the largest company within the Sentry Insurance Group. The numbers above reflect Sentry Insurance Group’s market share.
Dairyland Car Insurance Quotes
We compared annual Dairyland car insurance rates with other insurance providers to give you an idea of how much you may pay based on your driver profile. Rates will vary by location, so we recommend you take a look at how Dairyland measures up in your state before deciding on a company.
|Teens||25 SINGLE FEMALE||25 SINGLE MALE|
* These are real numbers from 2014 and 2015, but are subject to change in the coming months or years. They are only here to give you an indication of how much you may pay.
Dairyland Auto Insurance Discounts
Want to save even more on an auto policy? Here are current Dairyland discounts available that you might qualify for:
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Advance Auto Quote Discount for getting a quote a week or more before your new policy starts
- Transfer Discount for having car insurance for at least six months before you switched to Dairyland
- Payment Frequency Discount for paying quarterly or annually (in-full)
- Homeowners Discount
- Defensive Driving Discount for taking a course in driving safety
- Anti-Theft Discount
How Dairyland Ranks in the Industry
The financial stability of an insurance company may give you peace of mind in knowing that if you file a claim, it would be able to support it. Weiss Ratings, a financial advisory group that reports on the financial well-being of over 11,000 companies, gave Dairyland a grade of B+, for its financial capabilities. That’s a high score and means that Dairyland is in good financial standing.
We’re here to help guide you along your car insurance shopping journey by presenting you with the facts. Although, the decision for which car insurance company you go with is ultimately up to you. We will say that based on our research, this is who Dairyland serves best.
Dairyland car insurance is best for high-risk drivers.
Dairyland offers coverage for everyone, but its auto insurance policies tend to favor people with unsavory driving records. If you’ve had some issues with other insurance companies, a lot of accidents, a DUI, or other problems, Dairyland is an option to consider.
Dairyland Insurance has been providing quality auto and cycle insurance to customers since 1966. Their flexible payment plans, affordable policies, and commitment to great customer service has made them a top insurance choice for auto and motorcycle owners.
Want to read about other insurance companies?
We have the rundown on many more. Take a look at the most popular car insurance companies.