on February 24, 2016
Curious about car insurance? Don’t just pick a company willy-nilly. Read this review—and our many others—to get the ins-and-outs on top car insurance companies. That way, you can learn exactly what you’ll be getting before you sign on the dotted line. If you’re interested in Allianz auto insurance, or just want to know more before getting a quote, this is the page for you.
What Do You Want to Know More About?
- The Pros And Cons of Allianz Auto Insurance
- If Allianz Offers Coverage Near You
- How Much Allianz Car Insurance Costs
- Alllianz Pricing For Certain Driver Types
- Allianz Discounts
- Our Recommendation For You
- Everyone is VIP. Allianz doesn’t have “standard customers.” It gives every policyholder “preferred plus” status so you can trust you’ll be valued and treated well as a customer. Sometimes features like this that go beyond a quoted premium make the difference for drivers.
- Lots of Affiliates. Allianz Insurance is an international insurance provider, so it’s no surprise that under its umbrella are 12 companies. Larger insurance groups you might recognize include AGCS Marine, Allianz Global, Allianz Underwriters, American Automobile Insurance, American Insurance Company, Chicago Insurance, and the Firemans Fund. That means, its reach to write you an auto policy extends a bit further with these other connections.
- Repair Network. Allianz has a pre-approved network of trustworthy mechanics and repair shops so you can set your mind at ease if you need a repair.
- Picky About Customers. Allianz doesn’t insure customers with bad driving records. If you’re a good driver, this won’t be a con for you, but if you’re someone with some issues on your record, you won’t be able to get coverage with Allianz.
- Spotty Coverage. Allianz isn’t offered in every state. It’s only available in 14, so if you don’t live in one of those places, you won’t be able to buy auto coverage.
Where You Can Get Allianz Coverage
Allianz doesn’t insure drivers in every state because it’s fairly new in the U.S.. Currently, Allianz provides auto coverage in Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas. See how it measures up where you live. If it’s not available, see who the top companies are.
How Much Allianz Insurance Costs
We looked at rates for 13 different types of drivers in Louisiana, New Jersey, and Kentucky to see how Allianz measures up compared to other companies such as Chubb and AIG. Based on our research, we found that the average rate is $2,487.08 a year. We also determined that Allianz provides the cheapest rates for 35, 60, and 65-year old drivers. Compared to AIG, Allianz is 7% cheaper than AIG for 35 year olds and 35% cheaper than Chubb for this same age group. Allianz’s rates also decrease 167% between the ages of 35 and 60.
Take a look at the chart to see how rates compare and what sort of quote you should expect from Allianz.
|18-Year Olds||21-Year Olds||35-Year Olds||60-Year Olds||Over 65|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
Alllianz Pricing For Certain Driver Types
We wanted to find out how much certain drivers pay for car insurance with Allianz, so we looked at different driver profiles and average rates for six states. We only factored one variable into these premiums—like how old a driver is or what gender he/she is. Once we were done with the math, we compared our findings and realized that drivers in their 30s pay about 28% less than younger drivers, women pay about 39% less than men, and single drivers pay more than married drivers—about 12%. See for yourself in the chart below.
|Drivers in Their 20's||$2,189.91|
|Drivers in Their 30's||$1,577.11|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
We averaged annual rates provided by each state’s Department of Insurance. While these numbers can be good starting points, your rates will vary based on a number of factors. Be sure to call companies you are interested in to get a quote unique to you.
Allianz Auto Insurance Discounts
We weren’t able to track down specific auto insurance discounts from Allianz, but we do know some popular options that most companies offer. Be sure to ask about the following when you’re getting a quote to see if you can lower your rate.
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Multi-Car Discount
- Homeowners Discount
- Loyalty Discount
- Green Car Discount
- Claims Free Discount
- First Time Customer Discount
- Drivers Education Discount
- Good Student Discount
Your decision is ultimately up to you. We just want to steer you in the right direction by letting you know all the facts about Allianz car insurance before you make a decision. On that note…
Allianz car insurance is best for drivers with clean records.
Based on our research, we found that Allianz doesn’t insure high-risk drivers and its prices are a bit steeper than other car insurance companies. If you’re a responsible driver that doesn’t care so much about cost, Allianz could serve you well.
Allianz is a relatively new car insurance company in America and works with 12 affiliates to provide drivers with auto coverage. It also provides international coverage. Among its affiliates are AGCS Marine, Allianz Global, Allianz Underwriters, American Automobile Insurance, American Insurance Company, Chicago Insurance, and Firemans Fund.
Explore other companies.
Check out our company profiles of other top auto insurers.