on April 4, 2016
On the hunt for a car insurance policy? You may think of the many names you see on TV or hear about on the radio. Mascots like Mayhem and Flo have made certain names more familiar in American homes. If you’re just relying on TV ads, you may be missing out on Chubb. They have a huge insurance market share in diverse markets and many loyal customers. We’ve covered everything from pros and cons to discounts and more below to help you make an informed decision.
What Do You Want to Know More About?
- The Pros And Cons of Chubb Group Auto Coverage
- If Chubb Group Offers Coverage Near You
- Chubb Group Discounts
- Our Favorite Chubb Group Features
- Our Recommendation For You
- History Of Chubb Group
What’s Great about Chubb Auto Insurance Policies?
Chubb is actually an industry giant. They offer auto insurance including higher coverage limits, personal injury protection, and more. Their coverage can go with you wherever you live or vacation with reasonable auto insurance rates. Of course, the pricing varies based on any covered accidents or tickets, credit score, comprehensive coverage limits, and more. There are a couple of things many insured parties love about it.
- Agreed Settlements.Set your car insurance settlement when you sign a policy with Chubb so you know what you’ll get if you suffer a complete loss. This means, no surprises and no depreciation if you pay for a policy with certain settlement amounts upfront. It also means you don’t have to worry about your insurance undervaluing your car.
- Choice Of Repair Shops.You don’t have to go to a certain repair shop in the Chubb network if you get into an accident. This frees you up to go to your favorite mechanic without worrying about reduced coverage or other serious consequences. It also gives you more flexibility on pricing.
- No Rental Car Daily Limit. Rental car reimbursement is something most insurance companies offer. Chubb is completely unique in the fact that it doesn’t have daily limits and offers one of the highest coverage maximums—$5,500. You can also rent a car anywhere in the world. So even with rental car prices on the rise, Chubb customers can drive confident their rental will be covered when they need it.
Are There Drawbacks to Working with Chubb?
There’s one complaint users have about Chubb.
- So-So Website.Compared to other auto-owners insurance carriers, Chubb Group’s website is a little weak in terms of finding much information or providing additional resources.
Where You Can Get Chubb Group Auto Coverage
Chubb writes auto policies in all states, so you can carry on reading about other features below or get a quote from Chubb regardless of where you live!
What Discounts Does Chubb Group Auto Insurance Offer?
Ah, the sweet satisfaction of saving money. Nobody wants to pay a higher premium for their policy limit than absolutely necessary. These are some of the discounts you can ask about if you’re going to get an auto policy with Chubb.
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Good Student Discount
- Driver Training Discount
- Accident Prevention Course Credit
- Air Bag/Passive Restraint Discount
- Anti-Lock Brake Discount
- Anti-Theft Discount
- Multi-Car Discount
- Daytime Running Lights Discount
Features You’ll Love
In our opinion, a good auto insurance company has a lot of perks. Chubb has some extra features for customers that we thought you’d like to know about, including:
- High Liability Limits. You can get up to $10 million in liability coverage with Chubb. That’s huge!
- Chubb Group has a couple videos for teen drivers that help encourage safer driving.
- Original Parts. If you have to have your car fixed after an accident, Chubb will cover parts that are original to the make and model.
If you read this, it probably tipped you more in one direction than another. Maybe you like Chubb, maybe you think it’s a flub. We want you to make that call on your own based on your life and needs. What we will tell you though is who Chubb Group best serves.
Chubb is best for established drivers with more assets
Chubb is really meant to insure people of high net worth. With huge policy limits and the practice of insuring people despite poor driving records, the company will most likely insure you if you have enough capital.
Chubb isn’t bad for teens and it even has a video geared toward them, but we’ve seen other companies that have way more discounts and incentives for that group. The plus side for teen drivers with Chubb Group is that they allow you to set a settlement amount if you total your car when you sign a policy, so if you do get into a wreck, you’ll know how much you’ll be getting back in claims payments. There are also a couple teen discounts to consider along with a quote from Chubb.
Chubb Group History
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been around since 1882. It started in the shipping business, insuring ships and cargo, but expanded to home, auto, and more afterward. Chubb bases all of what it does on the phrase, “Never compromise integrity,” so you can count on honest and dependable coverage from its agents.
Want to keep looking?
Check out more auto insurance companies so you can make an informed decision.