on February 5, 2016
We like to get to the bottom of home insurance companies and bring you all the facts. Why? So you can make better insurance decisions. We are not affiliated with Liberty Mutual, just wanting to provide you everything there is to know about its home insurance if you’re thinking about opening a policy with them or getting a quote.Compare Rates
What Can We Tell You About?
- The Pros And Cons of Liberty Mutual Home Insurance
- If Liberty Mutual Offers Coverage Near You
- Liberty Mutual Home Insurance Discounts
- How Liberty Mutual Ranks In The Industry
- Where Liberty Mutual is Most Popular
- What Customers Think About Liberty Mutual
- Our Favorite Liberty Mutual Features
- The Home Insurance Coverage Calculator helps you decide on home insurance coverage options by walking you through important questions about your life. This way, you can avoid buying too much or too little coverage and save yourself from paying the wrong price, and better understand your quote from Liberty Mutual.
- Home Gallery® App helps you keep track of all your belongings so you can file a claim faster if they’re damaged, stolen, or destroyed. Just catalog everything you own and store it in this app. If you ever need to file a claim, you can send it to your agent to expedite the claims process.
- Home Protector PlusTM is an enhanced coverage program that you can choose for more coverage and attentive service. It’s just like giving yourself VIP treatment and will ensure that your most treasured assets are protected.
- Sub-par consumer review scores for pricing and interaction with Liberty Mutual agents.
Where Liberty Mutual Home Insurance is Available
Liberty Mutual offers homeowners insurance policies in all 50 states and Washington D.C.. Take a look at the chart below to find specific details for your state.
Liberty Mutual Home Insurance Discounts
You may save on a home insurance policy with Liberty Mutual with the following discounts:
- Homeowners Discount
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Group Discounts
- Claims Free Discount
- Safe Homeowner Discount
- Early Sign-Up Discount
- Safety Device Discount
- Insured Value Discount for when you’re 100% covered for what it would cost to replace your home.
- Newly Purchased Home Discount
- New or Renovated Home Discount
Make sure to ask about discounts along with a quote from Liberty Mutual.
The rankings below are fantastic indicators of how a company is doing based on customer reviews. If you’re interested in what people like you think about Liberty Mutual, check it out.
JD Power Scores
JD Power surveys customers about their insurance companies and scores them based on the findings. It’s a great gauge for overall customer satisfaction.
In a 2015 JD Power U.S. Household Insurance Study for Homeowners Insurance, Liberty Mutual scored:
States Where Liberty Mutual Sells The Most Home Insurance Policies
Based on all other homeowners insurance companies, Liberty Mutual ranked in the top 10 most popular companies in 48 states. Out of those 48 states, it ranks in the top five in 32 of them. Here are the states where Liberty Mutual ranks as a top five provider:
|Rank in State||Market Share Percent||Direct Premiums Written|
According to our research, it’s most popular states–where it has the highest percentage of customers compared to other states it sells in–are Montana, New Hampshire, Washington, Oregon, and Connecticut.
As you can see in the above chart–looking at total premiums written per state–Texas, New York, California, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts are where it does the most business.
Reading customer reviews is an easy way to see what it’s like to be a customer. Learn first-hand about what you could experience as a Liberty Mutual homeowners insurance policyholder by checking out the testimonials below.
“Liberty Mutual is cheap.” – Christian K.
“The rates are reasonable in my opinion—although I haven’t done any shopping around in the last few years.” – Nicole M.
Features You’ll Love
- Liberty Mutual App. You can manage your plan from anywhere.
- Resources for topics like water damage and fires exist on Liberty Mutual’s site to help educate homeowners.
About Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual issued its first auto policy over 100 years ago in Massachusetts. Today, it provides auto, home, life, and many more types of insurance to their customers.
Want To Check Out Other Insurance Providers?
Ensure you make the best choice by checking out other top home insurance companies.