on October 17, 2016
Nobody likes paying more than they have to for home insurance. Luckily, USAA offers affordable home insurance and plenty of discounts. Although some companies offer more discounts, USAA gives you three major discounts plus additional savings opportunities.
Learn About Homeowners Insurance Discounts with USAA
Let’s get down to it—here are all of the discounts we found offered to USAA home insurance customers:
- Multi-Policy Discount. When you insure both your home and your car with USAA, you may be eligible for up to 10 percent savings on your home policy.
- Protective Device Discount. If you install certain safety devices such as home security systems, USAA may give you a discount. It also offers discounts on the security systems themselves with select providers.
- Home Renovation Discount. USAA offers discounts for certain renovation projects, like upgrading your electrical or plumbing systems or installing a new roof.
Some discounts may not be available in your area. To find out which discounts you’re eligible for, speak to an insurance agent.
More ways to save money on home insurance with USAA
In addition to discounts, USAA home insurance customers can lower their premium costs in several ways. For example, you can increase your deductibles or bundle your auto insurance with a home insurance policy. Here are a couple more ways to lower your premiums:
- Take steps to avoid future break ins. Lock your doors and windows, install anti-theft systems, and have your home checked for vulnerabilities.
- Pay your bills on time. Insurance companies like financially responsible customers.
Keep continuous coverage. The longer you stay a USAA member, the more likely you are to receive special discounts and savings offers.
- Purchase more USAA products. In addition to auto, property, and other types of insurance coverage, USAA offers several banking and financial products.
Home Insurance Quotes from USAA
Discounts are one thing, but how much does USAA home insurance cost, exactly? Unfortunately, there’s no single answer, because rates are specific to a person’s home and location. The chances that your home will be damaged by severe weather—like a tornado or hurricane—or be burglarized are factors that insurance companies consider. Even so, we analyzed quotes from USAA and compared them to its competitors. The results show that USAA quotes are affordable on average, but there are often cheaper alternatives. Read about USAA home insurance quotes in our complete cost analysis.Learn More
USAA Home Insurance reviews
What are the pros and cons of USAA home insurance? What do customers think about the company once they have to file a claim? We’ve attempted to answer these questions in our analysis of USAA home insurance reviews. Here’s a preview of what we found:
- The Pros: Military-friendly services, positive customer service reviews, and special rewards.
- The Cons: Sorry civilians—USAA home insurance is for military members and their families only.
Final word: USAA offers plenty of savings
Our analysis shows that USAA gives its home insurance customers several options to save. Many customers will benefit from discounts for multiple policies, safety systems, and more. What’s more, the company may lower your premiums if you keep your home safe and remain a responsible USAA customer for several years.
If you’re not a USAA customer, consider getting a free home insurance quote. You can call one of our independent agents at 855-462-2213 , or get an online quote delivered to your email.
More about USAA
USAA is a financial and insurance company for military personnel and their immediate families. Founded in 1922, USAA built its company on the pillars of service, loyalty, honesty, and integrity. Today, it provides retirement, banking, investment, and insurance services for the men and women who serve our nation. To find out what we found about other aspects of the company, read more: