We’ve researched the ins and outs of renters insurance in Wyoming–including the costs, discounts available, and coverage options. If your a renter in the Cowboy state, this guide was designed for you.
What is the average cost of renters insurance in Wyoming?
In Wyoming, the average cost of a renters policy is $156 annually–17% below the national average. When you think about what it could cost to replace everything you own furniture, jewelry, electronics, and more the annual cost of rental insurance pales in comparison. In fact, it would take you only 22 hours working for minimum wage to pay your renters insurance premium for a year. Don’t leave your safety up to chance. Renters insurance offers a lot of protection for a relatively affordable price.
What kind of rental insurance coverage is available in Wyoming?
No one wants to come home to discover that their possessions have been stolen. Sadly, this scenario is a reality for many residents. In 2012 alone, there were 2,125 burglaries reported in Wyoming. Without a renters policy, the task of replacing stolen property would be arduous and expensive. With renters insurance, you can replace your valuables often for the full retail value. Also, read the details of your lease agreement carefully, as renters insurance may be required by your landlord.
The most common types of coverage found on renters insurance policies are:
- Personal property coverage – This kind of coverage pays for repair or replacement of your property if it is damaged or stolen.
- Liability coverage – Liability insurance pays for medical expenses if someone is injured in your home.
- Additional living expenses – This coverage will pay for a hotel room or other expenses if you are unable to stay in your home because of damages.
Talk to your insurance provider about the exclusions and coverages on your renters policy. If you live in an area prone to natural disasters, you may need additional coverage. A representative from your insurance company can advise you on your plan options and what’s recommended for your specific situation.
How can discounts save you money on your renters insurance rates?
Insurance companies figure your annual rate based on the amount of perceived risk they associate with you. Your risk level is determined by factors such as where you live, what you own, and more. To help you save, see if you qualify for these popular discounts:
- Multi-Policy – Bundle your auto insurance policy or life insurance policy with your renters insurance for a discount on both.
- Clean Claims History – You get a discount for remaining claim free.
- Safety Devices Installed at Home – Install devices like a burglar alarm, security cameras, and outdoor lights to get a discount.
Shop around for renters insurance quotes from multiple providers to get the best deal.
What do you need to know?
Renters make up 30% of the residents in Wyoming, and pay an average of $779 for a two-bedroom rental. Compare that to the state’s $156 average annual price of renters insurance, and you will see how affordable it is.
Talking to an insurance agent is your next step. They can help you compare quotes to find the best price for you. Call [mapi-phone /] to get started.