Allstate is hard to beat when it comes to offering the best coverage, resources, discounts, and rates for teen drivers. While the average annual rate for its teen driver auto policy isn’t the cheapest–at $2,411.74* it’s on par with other popular companies. Here are the reasons we ranked it number one in our guide.
Auto Discounts Just For Teens
- teenSMART Discount offers up to 10% off if your kid completes and passes the safe driving education program.
- Distant Student Discount offer up to 35% off for teens who are at least 100 miles from home while they’re at school.
- Good Student Discount is something most carriers offer, but Allstate offers one of the highest discount rates for students 25 and younger who have good grades: up to 20%off.
Teen Driver Resources
- The Lines, Allstate’s online drama for teens, focuses on their experiences behind the wheel.
Teen-Friendly Mobile Apps
- Star Driver is an app that teens and parents can both use during the learning process to make it easier and more productive. Focusing on platforms that teens are comfortable using allows Allstate to reach this demographic better than through other media outlets.
- Accident Forgiveness is a beneficial policy perk since your rates won’t change after your first accident. And as we know statistically, teens get into more accidents than any other age group, so this could be beneficial coverage to have.
- Allstate Rewards is a unique program that gives you gift cards, merchandise, and more in return for your safe driving record. The only catch is you have to install their surveillance device, Drivewise®, but it might be a good idea to keep tabs on your teen that way too.
- Safe Driving Bonus® Checks are a reward for safe driving. Twice a year, you’ll get a check for responsible driving and $100 off your deductible every year you drive claims-free ($500 maximum).
- Resources for parents are available which cover topics about teen driving that you can pass along to your kids.