on April 4, 2016
On this page, it’s all about The Hanover auto insurance and you’ll find everything from great features to industry rankings and more. Take a look so you know what to expect if you open an auto policy with The Hanover. And because we are in no way associated, you can trust that this review is 100% our opinion and recommendation.
What Do You Want to Know More About?
- The Pros And Cons of The Hanover Auto Insurance
- If The Hanover Offers Coverage Near You
- The Hanover Discounts
- How The Hanover Ranks In The Industry
- Our Favorite The Hanover Features
- Our Recommendation For You
- Deductible Dividends. Your deductible will go down every year you don’t get into an accident or file a claim (up to $500).
- One Deductible. With its Platinum service, if more than one of your cars is damaged at the same time (from hail or something like that), you’ll only pay one deductible.
- Accident Forgiveness. If you get into an accident within 36 months of your policy being opened, your rates won’t go up.
- Mediocre JD Power Scores for customer claims satisfaction.
- The Hanover only offers auto coverage in 17 states and not Washington D.C..
Where You Can Get The Hanover Coverage
The Hanover only provides auto coverage in 17 states and no coverage in Washington D.C.. If you drive in Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, or Wisconsin–The Hanover is an option. Find out who the cheapest auto insurance providers are in your state.
Most Popular States to Buy The Hanover Insurance
Market share shows how many customers a company has compared to competitors. The Hanover only ranked in the top ten for three states (it insures in 17). Compared to other companies, it insures ranks sixth in Michigan, writing policies for 5.89% of drivers. It ranks 10th in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire, insuring 2.95% and 2.94% respectively. Michigan, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire are also the states where it sells the most policies in terms of sheer volume.
The Hanover Auto Insurance Discounts
Good news: The Hanover has large selection of discounts you might qualify for so you can save on your auto insurance premium. Check out its discounts below.
- Paid-in-Full Discount if you have a new policy with the Hanover.
- Anti-Theft Devices Discount
- Safety Features Discount
- Multi-Car Discount
- Accident Prevention Courses Discount
- Prior Carrier Discount if you were insured by certain companies.
- Good Student Discount
- Student Away At School Discount
- Electronic Fund Transfer Discount. You can save up to $60 a year for doing this.
See its full list here.
How The Hanover Ranks
When you win an award, you’ve done something great. While these are a far cry from Nobel Peace Prizes, they’re still gold in the insurance industry. See how The Hanover has done based on customer reviews.
JD Power Scores
JD Power is the king of customer feedback surveys and scores. They look at companies based on a number of categories and then rank them depending on how customers think they’re doing. It’s a great way to gauge how you might feel about a company. While the Hanover didn’t have stellar scores, it was still around average for most of its offerings. Take a look.
In a 2015 JD Power U.S. Auto Insurance Claims Satisfaction study, The Hanover scored:
Features We Love
We tracked down a few more cool things about The Hanover you might want to know about. Here it is:
- Replacement Of Car Seats. If you have the Platinum service and your car seat is damaged during an accident, The Hanover may give you up to $300 back for that.
- Original Parts Coverage. If your car needs to be fixed after filing a claim, The Hanover can pay for original manufacturer parts.
Have trouble making up your own mind? That’s what this page is here to help with! While we won’t do the decision-making for you, we have provided everything you need to know about auto insurance companies so you can make a decision based on your own priorities. If you do need a recommendation, here’s who The Hanover best serves:
The Hanover auto insurance is best for most drivers.
The Hanover has some discounts for teens, established drivers, and even incentives for young families like the car seat replacement. While it doesn’t have the best scores for JD Power surveys compared to other companies, it’s still a good choice for most drivers.
The Hanover History
The Hanover has been serving customers since 1852. Today, it offers a variety of insurance options—from auto to home to business insurance and more.
Need to compare more?
We have in-depth information on top auto insurance companies. Take a look.