on February 1, 2016
To give you an inside scoop, we’ve uncovered the details about what makes Esurance a popular car insurance option. Use our analysis of it’s best features, customer reviews, industry rankings, average costs, and more to help you decide whether or not you’d like to choose them for auto coverage.Get a Car Insurance Quote
What Do You Want to Know More About?
- The Pros And Cons of Esurance Auto Insurance
- If Esurance Offers Coverage Near You
- How Much Esurance Auto Insurance Costs
- Esurance Discounts
- How Esurance Ranks In The Industry
- What Customers Think About Esurance
- Our Favorite Esurance Features
- Our Recommendation For You
- Esurance is part of Allstate. As an Allstate company, Esurance has the financial backing of one of America’s top auto insurance companies. If you need to file a claim, you can rest easy knowing that Esurance will be there for you financially.
- Plenty of discounts. To help a variety of driver types save, Esurance offers extensive discounts— including an Online Shopper Discount®, emergency roadside assistance discount, claims-free discount, and more.
- Fresh Tone. Esurance is very user-friendly because of its matter-of-fact tone and simple breakdown of information.
- Low scores in all categories for its auto claims process—based on JD Power customer reviews.
- Esurance doesn’t offer direct auto coverage everywhere. In a few states, it uses partner relationships, so you aren’t going directly through Esurance for coverage.
Knowing if Esurance provides auto coverage where you live is the first thing you need to be aware of. Right now, Esurance offers insurance in 43 states and affiliate insurance in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wyoming. Take a look at how its coverage compares in your state.
Esurance Auto Insurance Quotes
We pulled rates from auto companies in 50 states to do a side-by-side comparison of Esurance rates to similar companies. Our research shows that Esurance rates drop, on average, over 65% between the ages of 18 and 25, making it the cheapest in our sample for drivers in their 20’s. See how Esurance’s average car insurance premiums compare to other providers.
|Single, 18 Year-Olds||Single, 25 Year-Olds||Married Couples, 65 and Over||Married, 35 Year-Old Males|
* These are real numbers from 2014, but are subject to change in the coming months or years. They are only here to show you how companies stack up against each other.
Who doesn’t want to save money? See if you qualify for the following Esurance discounts:
- Fast 5® Discount: up to 5% off your first policy term when you get Esurance insurance
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Pay-In-Full Discount: to 10% off
- Switch & Save® Discount: up to 5% off
- Claims-Free Discount: up to 10%-25% off
- Homeowners Discount
- Renters Plus® Discount: up to 30% of your renters premium can be deducted from your auto policy
- Roadside Assistance Discount: up to 5% savings if you have AAA or another roadside assistance membership
- Pac-12 Discount: up to 15% off if you graduated from participating colleges
- Online Shopper Discount®
- Defensive Driver Discount: up to 10% off
- Good Driver Discount: up to 10% off liability, collision, and medical coverage
- Multi-Car Discount
- Anti-Theft Discount: up to 5%-25% off
- Safety Device Discount: up to 2%-33% off
- Anti-Lock Brake Discount
Review all Esurance discounts.
How Esurance Ranks
Esurance ranks high for its financial strength—primarily due to Allstate’s ownership of the company. It does however score lower than average in customer satisfaction for its auto claims process. Here are its most recent industry rankings:
A.M. Best: This company measures the financial strength of other companies. Esurance got an A+—one of the highest ratings, for its financial stability.
JD Power Scores: JD Power is a trusted source that surveys customers to determine satisfaction. You can use this data to see how a big group of Esurance customers liked shopping for its insurance and going through a claims process.
Esurance scores lower in most categories compared to other auto insurance companies. While most only have one or two “2’s,” Esurance has swept the board with them in auto claims. Since you really need your insurance company to be there for you during a claims process, this information is important to consider.
What Real People Are Saying
“I like that it is quick and easy to make payments and changes to my policy online.”- Chad
“I love its friendly staff, great prices and great coverage. I have not used the accident coverage but have used the comprehensive and roadside assistance and they were really good about that.” -Holli
Features We Love
We found a few more great features available for Esurance auto policyholders that deserve a shoutout:
CoverageMyWay®. This unique program matches a plan to you based on your lifestyle. It’s also an automatic perk, so there is no need to sign-up for extra features to enjoy this feature.
Mobile App. You can download the Esurance app to manage your policy on-the-go and access your claims information too. Most insurance companies have an app now, but Esurance has gotten better reviews than most in both iTunes and Google Play.
Esurance offers a variety of insurance options for motorcycles, ATVs, RV’s, snowmobiles, and more. If it has a motor, you can probably get Esurance to cover it.
We want you to make the final decision on what car insurance provider you go with, but here’s what the facts are telling us about Esurance:
Esurance is best for established drivers.
Since Esurance doesn’t offer accident forgiveness or many teen driver incentives, we think it’s coverage is best for established drivers with clean records. As an established driver, you can tap into the most discounts and save on your premium.
About Esurance Auto Insurance
Esurance is under the umbrella of Allstate and has been in operation for years. With the motto, “Insurance for the modern world,” it really does live up to that with its fresh tone, technology, and outlook. The company was one of the first to bring online quoting online (in 1999) and continues to blaze trails in insurance.